Have you ever tried brushing your teeth with your finger? We recommend that you don’t, but if you did, you would learn very quickly how important the need for a good toothbrush is. Because a toothbrush is important to your brushing success, and it is equally important to care for a toothbrush that suits your needs. Here are easy-to-follow toothbrush tricks that everyone should use:
– Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months. Youth toothbrushes typically need to be replaced more often than adult toothbrushes.
– Keep your toothbrush clean when not in use.
– Use a toothbrush that easily fits into your mouth.
– Store your toothbrush upright.
– Keep your toothbrush aired out; do not consistently store them in closed containers.
– Be gentle and don’t press hard. A softer, gentler approach works best.
– Stiff bristles can hurt gums, softer brushes are better.
– Electric toothbrushes make brushing easier.
– Visit your dentist every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Don’t share toothbrushes.
– Avoid cross-contamination from toothbrushes touching each other.
– Make sure the size and shape of your brush can reach all areas in your mouth effectively.
– Look for toothbrushes that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance. Also look for ADA-approved fluoride toothpaste.
If you would like to book an appointment with us, please call Healy Dental Care at 801-394-0808 to speak with a member of our team. You can also visit our office in Ogden, Utah. Thank you for stopping by, and have a smile-tastic day.